Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"A Thousad Splendid Suns" Khaled Hosseini

The weather has been less than stellar and illness has spread through the house once again. We are running out of patience for each other and if spring doesn't come soon I'm pretty sure someone may lose a limb. I don't think it could get any worse.

Reading is about the only thing we have left. We love to read. Reading is our dear friend who is always there to comfort us - even on the worst of days. We keep a steady supply of reading material on hand and we frequent the used book stores. We like to trade and keep our shelves full and full of as much new material as possible and we go through it quick.

We have a small permanent collection of our favorites that keeps growing but we weed through it every once in a while for big trips to the book store but not often. It's so hard to keep from buying new shelves but we are out of room and it must be done. Occasionally, we will read a book that makes it to the shelves and doesn't get tossed immediately to the trade pile. I have read such a book recently and it has made it the shelves.

"A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini is that book this time. I am in love with this book and I thank my dear friend and neighbor for suggesting it. I am a different person having read it. It changed me and how I see the world. I can't say enough about this book other than READ IT!

I am not even gonna summarize this marvelous creation, I wouldn't do it justice. If you are a woman and a woman with a connection to love, friendship and the strength within us all - Just READ IT!
LOVE - LOVE - LOVE