Friday, March 4, 2011

Boy, I Know You

Don't think I don't know you, I know who you are
I left you three lives behind
Stop creeping around in my mind
Our love ended in a time long ago and far

Boy, I know you
I've known you longer than the stars
You keep knocking on the door to my heart
but can't you see the man that sets you apart.

This man now resides in my heart
and the boy has left nothing but a scar
Stop thinking you have a piece of me
My love for him has set you free.

Boy, stop coming to me in my dreams
grow up and let me sew the seam
You've torn a whole that I must now repair
Stop this nonsense and give me some air.

My past life with you was grand
you settled in quite well and love me you did
In this life it's just not the plan
I am forever his now and you lost your right to bid.

I will say this only once and then forever be gone
The spot beside me is filled and it is he whom I hold
The back door to my mind is now closed
Go back to that time of old. . .