Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!

Ok, so I don't have any pictures of the kids.  Ok, so I didn't spend time with them while they played in the snow.  I pretty much put my ski's on and left the house on my own.  I even left a pizza in the oven and a sleeping husband in the bed. I took one look at the new fallen snow and left.

I can tell you that it was one of the best days I've ever had.  Granted, I wasn't skiing on a marvelous ski slope, it was in fact a road.  A road that is usually busy and dirty.  Yesterday, however, it was white and looked irresistibly clean.  It was busy but with sledders and hikers, photographers and snowboarders.  Children played in the streets without worry.  Fast traveling cars were no where to be seen.  Smiles from everyone and it truly was magical.

I spent the entire day skiing on a road.  My road, among my neighbors, friends and family.  It was awesome.  Everyday should be this awesome.  Everyday should be a snow day!  Well, maybe not with actual snow ;)