Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spring is Gonna Sing!

Woke up to cotton candy skies this morning.  It was a beautiful sight, reminds me of spring.  I am shivering as I sit here to type this morning's thoughts, it's cold.  Seems this winter has been as cold as it possibly can be.   We've had more snow than I can ever remember too.  More snow is in store for us as well.  I could have sworn the weather man said this was gonna be a mild winter!  I can't help but dream of spring right now.

I am frustrated, I hate to say that but it's just a fact right now.  I'm frustrated because I want to go outside.  Ok, let me re-word that, I want to go outside and not shiver.  I want to go outside and dig in the dirt.  I want to go outside and feel warm sunshine on my face.  I want to go outside and eat a tomato straight off the vine.  I want to go outside and cut the grass.  Oh, spring, how I miss you.

I just love the smell of dirt and freshly cut grass.  I am one of those crazy people that actually loves to do yard work.  I live for digging in the dirt and getting all messy.  I love it!  My husband never has to mow our lawn, in fact, I absolutely forbid him to touch the yard.   Mine, mine, mine!  He really has no problem with it, if he could get me to do yard work in a bikini he might think he was in heaven.  Now, if I could just get him to clean the kitchen!

I suppose I should treasure this time of year, after all, without winter spring wouldn't sing.  The daffodils wouldn't wake up, the dogwood wouldn't bloom, the tulips wouldn't say hello.  Spring just wouldn't be the same.  I guess a good appreciation for every season is most fair.  The world goes round and why be miserable over something you have no control over?
      I still can't help but favor spring.   Spring please, please hurry!,