Monday, February 21, 2011

All About Nothing

Sometimes nothing speaks louder than something.


Today I am going to bask myself in nothing.  That's right, I'm going to appreciate nothing.  I am going to appreciate the space between things.  Silence and empty spaces.  The beauty of the nothing that surrounds a thing. 

Yes people I'm still on my meds and perhaps it is that, helping me see more clearly my position in the cosmos.   I see perfectly all the things in my life and I am beginning to see beauty in the space between.
The air and the force holding all the stuff together. 

Sit and look at nothing long enough and you'll see that's it's active.  It moves.  Bugs fly threw it.  Dust floats though it.  Sun shines on it.  It's formless yet takes the shape of the thing it surrounds or fills up.  Paradoxical thing. 
I'm looking also at the space between sound and action.  Beautiful pauses and stops.  Sitting, doing nothing. 
It's a beautiful thing. 
 If I only could get my kids to observe nothing and sit in silence to fully appreciate it's vastness, I think I would have reached Heaven.

The Beauty of Nothing.