Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rain Day?

School has been canceled today due to heavy rains and flooding. Gotta love the south, and I do - it is the land of my birth afterall, we don't get snow days we get rain days : )

I have finally given in to my husband after much thought and introspection and the wind of change is blowing softly on my back once again. Fort Collins, Colorado will be our next move and this time I will not say that it is our last. We will see snow in two years and these rain days will be a thing of the past, instead they will be called snow days.
Yeah, yeah - so I said I was putting my foot down and keeping the family in Chattanooga. Well, Brandy's foot is bigger (and stinky too) and quite frankly I'm wanting to see some snow too. You also can't beat 300 days of sunshine a year and as you may well imagine the balance of those are snow clouds. I am happy with the decision and I'm already collecting boxes for packing.

So, the next course of action will be finishing the updates and repairs on the house and then putting it on the market. We have given ourselves a year and a half to accomplish a few goals and complete a few things and tie up some loose ends. We always seem to get it done and with grace when it comes to moving - at least that seems to be the history with us and trust me we have moved a lot : )

We have given Willow a voice in this move and she has agreed that it will be fun and that it is ok with her. She remembers our move to Chattanooga and surprisingly even relived some details and memories of what we did and how she felt. I am confident that she knows what is to come and she (at the moment) is very excited and ready. Hayden will learn more from this move and as expected remembers nothing of our move to Chatt. He is the only true Chattanoogan in the family right now.

I am looking forward to getting my ski's, snow boots and snow suit out of storage - if it's still in storage??? I haven't seen my winter gear in years and I will gobble them up if they are still intact. Wish us luck - this is gonna be a busy couple of years!