Thursday, December 17, 2009

So, I wish I was on a river somewhere - part I

Life can sometimes take unexpected turns. Right now my life is a rainbow of contrasts, if that makes any sense to anyone. One day I'm red the next I'm green, day before yesterday I was blue, yesterday I was orange - so on and so forth. I wouldn't call it manic-depressive just very colorful.
I am beginning to understand the nature of people around me as well and how to deal with certain characters. This has added to the many colors of my mood lately. I am happy to say that I get it now. I understand that I can control the colors of my mood and not to let others take the crayon box from me. What a wonderful feeling.
So, these last few weeks I have been collecting my crayons that were taken out of my crayon box and I have been putting them back. I am, of course, wearing the color before I place my long lost crayon back into the box. I am wearing it and loving it, embracing it and calling it my own. What a wonderful feeling, even the not so wonderful colors are being welcomed home with tenderness and love. Neatly they are organized and carefully placed back where they belong. Just as I did as a child, the different shades of red are all standing tall and straight next to each other, the brilliant and talented hues of blue are getting to know one other once again. I am beginning to breath easier.
My crayon box is just about full. The search for my crayons has been an adventure filled with joy, pain, laughs and unexpected turns. I am on the verge of my next adventure, I can see it just up ahead of me. Right now though, I will finish the task at hand. My last few crayons may be found on a river somewhere or right here in my backyard. They may be found in my kitchen while I'm making my next banana bread loaf. They might be found in the dark silence of my bedroom in that dreamy haze of my mind right before I fall asleep. I can't wait but I can be patient.