Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The glass is half full

I am very proud of my country and the people that live in it. I am proud to be from a country that stands up and helps when there is need in our backyard. I have heard a lot of negative things about this country and our leader and I completely disagree. We are a great people and in our own time of need and in our own time of strife we have given of ourselves.

This country is by no means perfect and by no means are we free of selfishness. We are; however, giving and caring despite it. I have chosen not to look at the selfish - I have chosen not to look at the corrupt. There is no country on earth that is free from it and there is no person on earth whom is free from it. I have chosen to look at the good in people and to look at the selflessness of this country and I HAVE FOUND IT!

Look at the millions we give every year to help and look now when our neighbors in crisis to begin with are in their deepest hour of need. We stand with them and we take the lead. I will not look upon the injustice. I will not look at the corruption. I will not give it power. I will not give it audience. I will give justice my attention. I will give love my attention and I will give the images of hope my fullest energy. My energy will go only to those who pray and believe in hope and peace. THIS is the only way to produce change in our world. THIS is the only way make the dreams of the hopeful come true.

You have a choice. You may choose what you give your energy. Hate and corruption are an easy thing to dwell in and spread. I have chosen to turn my back on it. I have given my heart to the good in this world and the more I ignore hate the more love I find. Turn your energy towards peace and love and help lift this world out of it's depression. Love is in your hands and it is there for everyone. Love can heal the world. Send love to our leaders - do not dwell on smearing them. One person can make a difference imagine what millions can do. . .