Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wishing I could go for a nice, long walk in the woods but it's raining.

If you meditate earnestly, pure in mind and kind in deeds, leading a disciplined life in harmony with the dharma, you will grow in glory. If you meditate earnestly, through spiritual disciplines you make an island for yourself that no flood can overwhelm.
~ The Dhammapada


I just love this little book! It's nice to open up and sit with on rainy days.

Trying to find a routine with meditation and yoga practice can sometimes be difficult.
I made the decision about a week ago to get up at 6 to practice yoga before the kids got up. My son decided he too was gonna get up but instead of 6 he thought 4:50 was a better time. Oh well. The easiest way to get time to clear my mind these days is on walks.
I need it bad today and it's raining. I am considering a walk in the rain. . .