Saturday, August 15, 2009

Insight for the day

The fates lead
him who will -

him who won't
they drag.

Seneca

This is so true in my life today. I am so stubborn sometimes and If I could just let things be. Just be bored or just be busy and just go with it instead of fighting it. Life would simplify itself.

I need to learn to let people be who and what they are too. I can't make the liar tell the truth and I can't make a friend out of an enemy; though, I will continue to bang my head against the wall on that one. I know life isn't about changing the people around you it's about learning to love them for who they are (even if they don't give you the same consideration). Just let them be.

Life isn't always about having a plan either. The best lesson I ever learned from my husband is to let things just happen. Sitting back and letting the universe set your course and then having the courage to follow where it leads.

Today very well could have turned into a day of boredom but I dared to follow a thought an idea and look where it lead me. To Insight and a greater understanding of my family and the people around me. They are who they are. I am what I am - what you see is what you get - I can't change them and I now realize I don't wanna change me. I will follow, you don't have to drag me anymore.