Thursday, August 20, 2009

Insight of the Day

I do not expect anything
from others,
So their actions
cannot be in opposition
to wishes of mine.

Swami Sri Yukteswar
Autobiography of a Yogi


The only way that I can feel insulted by something someone says is if I expect to be insulted.
I wake up every morning not expecting anyone to insult me or damn me as the case is today. Still, I can't help but feel a bit sad about how some people may view what I believe in and what I am teaching my children. I, first of all, will never debate religion, spirituality or politics with anyone. These are deeply personal subjects and everyone is entitled to their own view point - especially spiritual matters.
I will not debate heaven and hell but I won't be damned to hell without taking a stand. My house is a house of Love and a house of Light. There is no room in Love for fear and I am not afraid of hell. I will not raise my children to be afraid of burning in hell. This isn't up for discussion.
We believe there are many Paths to Spirit. We believe Love and the Spirit never die.
My family has overcome HUGE obstacles and my husband and I continue to come together in Love and we are teaching our children that Love is universal and EVERYONE is entitled to and inherently Spirit - Period. No one can take your birth right from you and no one has the right to judge ANYONE for what they believe.
This is where I stand - in simplified form. I have given this much thought over the past 25 years. I am well informed on all the religions of the world including the one I was raised in. This is where I am happy and this is where my family has come together.
Please note, I will not comment, discuss or debate with anyone wishing to convert me. I am what I am and it has come over many years of living.