Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moment of Madness

I have reached my boiling point. The kids are screaming and my mind is in overdrive. I can't seem to concentrate on anything and the vibe in the room is chaos. I sit back and reach into my mind for something to ground me in reality. Last weeks hike to Burgess Falls and Piney Falls slowly unfolds in my mind .

I am suddenly pulled away from the chaos and in a world of green light and calm. I am somewhere else and I am peaceful. I am home and I feel the weight of the world fall off of me.

This little moment of madness and the cure happened last night right before bedtime.
I have realized that I am most happy and most like myself in these places. I find myself on a regular basis doing this - running off onto the trails in the woods, hiding out in them. I look forward everyday to our next hike. On any given day that you casually meet me out I am probably thinking about my families next hike - it's a pretty serious addiction.

So, I will journal my hikes and let everyone else in on my secret. It's the best way to cure an overactive, chaos cluttered mind in my opinion. If it works for you - OH, Happy Day!
I thought about pulling past hikes out of my memory so I had some material, our next hike isn't for another week. No, I'll start from here. This will be my starting point.